Friday, November 15, 2013

Thursday nights

Its been way too long since I last posted!  It is amazing how busy a stay-at-home mom can be.  I need to find a way to do a better job with time management for things like this blog.

The seasons have changed.  I'm already well into holiday preparation for this year's Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations.  We have started our Christmas list of gift-giving ideas, started layaway for our kids' Christmas, lists of menus for meals with family and some shopping for stocking stuffers.  The weather has gotten colder and its that time of year - time for blankets, snuggling and hot beverages while sitting in front of a fire.

I particularly enjoy the fire, blankets and a nice mug of tea, coffee, or hot chocolate on Thursday evenings.  The hubs has to turn in early to grab some sleep before an entirely-too-early start to his Friday work day.  I tuck the kids in bed, snuggle under a blanket with a warm mug and kitty on my lap and settle in for a few hours of mommy-tv.  While the house is quiet and dark and I have the remote to myself, I can enjoy favorite TV shows (Grey's Anatomy and Parenthood) sans interruption.  This is a Thursday evening treat since they both air on Thursdays this season.  I usually have other things on the DVR to catch up on.  I am totally into escapist television, which includes the guilty pleasure of watching Days of Our Lives.  If its been a particularly busy week and I have not been at home to fold laundry or clip coupons - which is when I usually watch DOOL - I  might even indulge in an episode of Days whilst having the dark, quiet house to myself.

What is it about knowing the family is home, safe and sound, and sleeping that makes it that much more enjoyable?  Is it because I can't do many other things without disturbing their slumber so it doesn't feel neglectful to sit and watch pretty-people-with-problems TV?  No one's up and needing attention, a snack, a hug or an encouraging word?

I don't know the reason, but I do know that Thursday evenings are one of the days I look forward to - time to 'chillax' and unwind and look forward to the weekend ahead.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda! My name is Heather and I wanted to know if you could answer a question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete